Please share our message! Click on News and Events in the navigation bar to see the video of how our movement began.
Have you heard about the Choose Local and Small Y’all Value Card? It’s free and offers you amazing deals at over 30 businesses and the offers will change each month. To apply for a free card swing by the spa. Offer List
We are so excited to tell you that we won 2 awards at the Garner Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. We won the Summit Award for Vision and Values. This award recognizes businesses that display a thinking culture where their employees can grow and who invest in their community. The other award was the People’s Choice for Best in Personal Services. We are so humbled by these honors!!!
Reminder that as of Oct 31st we will no longer be offering nail services! If you have a gift card for these services you may redeem them for the paid dollar amount.
We are so excited to be partnering with Choose Local & Small Y’all for the We Choose Hope campaign. We need your help to make it a success and make a big impact in the lives of children and families in need. The We Choose Hope campaign has three phases and lots of ways you can help.
1. Our “Hope League” is recruiting new heroes and we are looking for local businesses and community members to be Heroes for Hope. We are looking for heroes to help sponsor children in the remote learning program. A gift of $160 will prevent hunger, isolation and instability for the most vulnerable children in our area. When you sponsor a child you will get your picture taken holding our “Heroes for Hope” frame and will be announced on social media.
2. Did you know that Community of Hope has not missed one regular food pantry distribution day during the pandemic? They have been blessed to be able to meet the growing need in our community but need your help to keep our shelves stocked. We are partnering with over 20 local businesses to collect food for our food pantry. Oct 1 -21st
3. We are Cash Mobbing COHM on Oct 21st!
For all the details check out their website. BE A HERO
We sincerely appreciate your patience and support during the past two months! We will officially open on June 2nd. We can not wait to see you. After a careful review of information from the CDC, The North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy, The NC Cosmetic Arts Board, and the governor’s executive order we have devised our protocols. Your safety and that of my staff is my highest priority. Being a nurse and having been in charge of an infection control program for a hospice in the past, I feel the need to be very cautious. Please be patient with us as we work though some of these new processes. We realize that this will seem very clinical in nature and not how things used to be.
Here are some things that you need to know:
We will open up online bookings only, on May 27th. Once we fully open on June 2nd you may call and speak to Stacey to schedule your appointments if you prefer. You may book your appointments at https://go.booker.com/location/alossi
All of the staff have taken and passes an online COVID-19 training as well as in person training at the spa.
For the first 3 weeks:
We will only be taking appointments for 60 minute relaxation or therapeutic massages. No hot stone, warm bamboo or salt stone. We will also not be using hot towels on the feet. This will be temporary.
We will not be doing couples massages.
Due to a staffing issues we will not offer manicures, pedicures, waxing or skin care services. We anticipate this will be temporary.
Please stay in your vehicle when you arrive and refrain from bringing personal belongings with you in the spa. We also ask that you do not bring anyone with you who is not getting a service at the same time.
Our waiting area will be closed. Please call the spa and let them know you have arrived. A staff member will come get you.
Please wear a mask to your appointment. I am a big supporter of freedoms, but this rule is about the safety of my staff. You may not sign a waiver choosing not to wear a mask during your service. We understand that some of you may not feel comfortable wearing one during a massage. We completely understand. At this time this is our policy.
All clients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and waiver upon arrival.
Staff performing treatments and who can not maintain 6 feet away from clients will be wearing masks. Staff will also be asked a COVID-19 questionnaire and have their temperature checked prior to the start of each day.
More time will be allowed between client services due to sanitizing guidelines in the treatment rooms. The rooms will be disinfected between each client with medical grade agents. Surfaces will be wiped down, including our massage tables and face rests.
You will be asked to sanitize your hands before getting on the massage table.
At the conclusion of your service, we will process your payment with the card you have on file. When booking your appointments please be prepared to give your credit card number to the receptionist.
Due to the changes, new equipment, cleaning protocols, and increased time between clients we will be raising our wellness massage price for a 60 minute to $64. We will also raise our 90 minute wellness massage to $94 once we begin adding that service back in. We hope everyone understands that we are still offering very competitive prices.
This has been a very difficult time for small business owners as we are facing so many challenges that we never imagined. I am certain that we are blessed to have so many amazing and supportive clients. We want you to make decisions that are the best for your health and well being and please understand that these rules are in place to protect you and my staff.
Blessings and Wellness to you all,
We believe in the collective power of community and that choosing kindness can change the world. This month we have partnered with several local businesses to raise awareness and funds for Note in the Pocket, a nonprofit whose mission is to “Clothe Children with Dignity and Love.” With over 50,000 children who need help, the money raised during this campaign will go towards providing desperately needed clothing for school aged children in Wake County who are impoverished and homeless.
The campaign and contest run February 1-29. There are three ways for you to participate:
1. Bring any size new socks and/or undergarments and place them in the collection bin at the Spa or at any of the following participating businesses: Jones Insurance, Zin Yoga Studio and Wine Lounge, Aversboro Coffee, Aversboro Restaurant & Sports Bar, Rachel Ward, Realtor with Keller Williams Realty Platinum, Shady’s, AAMCO of Garner, Studio121, Moonrunners Saloon, Turner Farms Self Storage, Edward Jones – Financial Advisor: Mary Elizabeth Twiddy, Sims Family Dentistry, Rush Hour Karting, Charles Ashley Mann, DDS & Associates – Garner, NC, Anfesa’s Jewelers, Garner Florist or Chiropractic Partners/Garner/Dr. Betsy Case Luca,
2. Purchase a t-shirt that says, “Kindness Can Change Our World”. You can do this at the spa, or online at https://www.makelifespecialnc.com/kindness/ , 100% of proceeds will be donated to Note in the Pocket.
3. Enter our social media contest! Come by the spa and at the special photo backdrop take a picture holding the sign “I choose kindness.” For Facebook: Post the picture to your personal page, tag Alossi Renewal Spa, and include the hashtag #ichoosekindness. For Instagram: Post the picture to your personal page, tag @Alossispa, include the hashtag #ichoosekindness, and tag 3 of the kindest folks you know. Alossi Spa will donate $1 for each person who posts a picture, up to $1,000. Each person will receive one entry into the contest for each platform they post their photo to. Prize valued at $500!